Your Call Football (“YCF”)
FAN PLAY-CALLING COMPETITION
OFFICIAL RULES (the “Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Participation will be limited to the first 50,000 who download the YCF App, register and enter the game prior to the approximated start time. Once 50,000 valid participants have been reached, the game will be closed to additional entries.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. You must be at least 18 years of age or older, a legal resident of, and reside within, the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (“U.S.”) at the time of entry to participate in this Competition (each such participant referred to herein as the “Entrant”).
The Your Call Football fan play-calling competition (the “Competition”) begins on Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 8:30 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends at the conclusion of the last YCF football game on Thursday, May 17, 2018 (the “Competition Period”). The Competition Period consists of three (3) separate periods as follows (“Entry Period(s)”): May 3, 2018 from approximately 8:30 pm ET to approximately 10:30 p.m. ET, May 10, 2018 from approximately 8:30 pm ET to approximately 10:30 p.m. ET, and May 17, 2018 from approximately 8:30 pm ET to approximately 10:30 p.m. ET
By participating in any Entry Period of the Competition, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Your Call Football, LLC (“Sponsor”), 61 Chapel Street, Newton, MA 02458 and COHEN-FRIEDBERG ASSOCIATES, LLC Framingham, MA 01702, www.cfapromo.com (the “Administrator”), whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all matters related to the Competition and not subject to any further review.
Employees, officers, and directors of YCF and Administrator, players and staff of participating YCF Teams, including but not limited to their respective advertising and promotion agencies, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials associated with the Competition, and any and all other companies associated with the Competition (collectively, the “Competition Entities”), and each of their immediate family members (as defined by the IRS including spouse, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and/or people living in the same household (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate in the Competition. Competition eligibility is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. Sponsor’s database clock will be the timekeeper for this Competition. This Competition is void where prohibited by law or regulation.
HOW TO ENTER:
TO ENTER: Follow these steps:
- Download the free Your Call Football app (“YCF App”) in the Apple or Google Play store beginning April 2, 2018.
- Prior to or during an Entry Period, register in the YCF App with the required information, indicating your agreement with these Official Rules. Once you complete your registration you will be allowed to participate in the Competition.
- During the Entry Periods, participate in the Competition by viewing the football game streaming live in the YCF App, or on a computer or other device, and selecting the offensive plays during the live game as outlined below. All YCF football games begin at approximately 8:30 p.m. ET.
LIMIT: You may register one (1) time per person.
Your Call Football is a fan-based play-calling Competition where fans decide the fate of a live YCF football game. The app-based game allows registered Entrants to vote on a selection of plays chosen by YCF Coaches. The play with the greatest percentage of participant votes will be executed live on field by YCF Players (“Game Play”). Registered Entrants will earn points based on their play-calling results as described below (“Points”).
You will be calling plays for each team when they are on the offense. On each offensive play, you will receive three (3) options for plays selected by the Coach and you will have 10 seconds to select and submit your Game Play vote. You may only earn Points if you participate in a Game Play vote within the 10 seconds period. You’re not obligated to participate in each Game Play selection, however the more you play, the greater the number of Points you may earn.
You may also participate in the virtual coin (“Virtual Coin”) challenge where the registered Entrants with the greatest number of earned Virtual Coins at the end of each Entry Period will win prizes. Each registered Entrant in the Competition will receive 500 virtual coins in their Virtual Coin account to begin.
EARNING COMPETITION POINTS:
The on-field results of each Game Play determine the number of Points earned/lost.
||+0.1 Point per yard
||+0.1 Point per yard
|Penalty on Defense
||+0.1 Point per yard
|Penalty on Offense
||-0.1 Point per yard
||-1 Point and -0.1 per yard lost
|Failed 4th Down Conversion
|Defensive Return TD
|Missed Field Goal
|Blocked Field Goal
“Coach Pick”: Earn +2 bonus Points if you picked the play that the coach actually wanted to run (even if it wasn’t the majority call)
“Against the Grain”: You may earn Points by not picking the majority-selected Game Play as follows:
Earn +3 Points if you don’t pick with the majority, and the play results in a negative score, a score of zero, or a has a run or pass that gains 1 yard and does not result in a first down or touchdown.
The YCF Leaderboard will post the highest attained scores during and after each Entry Period and cumulatively at the end of the Competition Period. Leaderboard rankings and Points are not final determinations of amount of Points received or actual winners and/or leaders. Visit https://yourcallfootball.com/how-to-play/play-calling-competition-rules for complete details on how to play and earn/lose Points.
EARNING COMPETITION VIRTUAL COINS (“Virtual Coins”):
Participants in the Virtual Coin challenge will earn Virtual Coins by participating in various activities, e.g. answering trivia questions correctly (10 Virtual Coins for each correct answer), winning head-to-head challenge(s) (50 Virtual Coins for a win), winning leagues (to be determined by the creator of the league, winner takes all, with maximum of 500 Virtual Coins). Visit https://yourcallfootball.com/how-to-play/play-calling-competition-rules for complete details on how to play and earn Virtual Coins. All earned Virtual Coins carry forward until the Competition ends. Prizes for the Virtual Coin challenge will be awarded at the conclusion of each Entry Period.
Only the prizes listed below will be awarded in this Competition. All prizes will be paid by check in the name of the winner.
Prizes will be awarded based on:
- the total number of Points earned at half-time of each game in each Entry Period
- the total number of Points earned at the end of each game in each Entry Period
- the running total cumulative number of Points earned score at the end of the Competition Period.
- The total number of Virtual Coins earned at the end of each game in each Entry Period.
EACH GAME/ENTRY PERIOD:
The Entrants with the highest accumulated Point total (score) at half-time of each game in the Competition will receive:
Points Half-Time Prize
First Place: $1,000
Second Place: $500
Third Place: $250
In case of a tie in any prize category, the prizes will be totaled and divided by the number of tied entries. For example, should there be three tied entries in the First Place category, the First, Second and Third Places, i.e. $1,750, will be totaled and divided by 3 and each winner will receive $583.
The Entrants with the highest accumulated Point total (score) at the end of each game in the Competition will receive:
Points End–of-Game Prize
First Place: $5,000
Second Place: $2,500
Third Place: $1,000
25 next highest scores $50
In case of a tie in any prize category, the prizes will be totaled and divided by the number of tied entries. For example, should there be three tied entries in the First Place category, the First, Second and Third Places, i.e. $8,500, will be totaled and divided by 3 and each winner will receive $2,833. All other entries will fall to the next 25 highest scores category. If there is a tie at the 25th spot, YCF will award a $50 prize to each Entrant tied at the 25th spot.
At the end of each game/Entry Period, each Entrant’s total Point score will be carried forward to the cumulative Leaderboard. At the conclusion of the final YCF game in the Competition, the Entrants with the most cumulative Points for the entire Competition will win the following prizes:
Points Cumulative Prizes
First Place: $10,000
Second Place: $5,000
Third Place: $2,500
In case of a tie in any prize category, the prizes will be totaled and divided by the number of tied entries. For example, should there be two tied entries in the First Place category, the First and Second prizes i.e. $15,000 will be totaled and divided by 2 and each winner will receive $7,500. The next highest score will win the Third Place prize.
The Entrants with the greatest number of Virtual Coins in their Virtual Coin account at the conclusion of each Entry Period will receive:
First Prize: $500
Second Prize: $400
Third Prize: $300
Fourth Prize: $200
Fifth Prize: $100
In case of a tie in any prize category, the prizes will be totaled and divided by the number of tied entries. For example, should there be three tied entries in the First Place category, the First, Second and Third Places i.e. $1,200 will be totaled and divided by 3 and each winner will receive $400. This format will be followed until all ties have been settled.
PLEASE NOTE: Winner is responsible for any and all local, state and/or federal taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. All details and other restrictions of any prize not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event that a game, partial game, Game Play or partial Game Play is not played, completed or communicated to Entrants (the “Occurrence”) due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance, other Force Majeure event (as defined in Section 11 below), or any other reason, the game or Game Play may or may not be replayed or rescheduled, as decided by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Depending on the point in the game in which the Occurrence happened, the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may not award any prize(s), Points or Virtual Coins. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate from participation in the Competition or prize experience, in whole or in part, with no further compensation, any Entrant or winner who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrant or person or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules. The Sponsor will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside its control that may cause the cancellation of the game.
Sponsor and or Administrator will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen prizes.
Potential prize winners will be notified within two (2) calendar days of completion of each Entry Period. Each potential winner must reply within (5) business days of the notification attempt, with any required information requested in the winning notification issued by the Administrator as a condition of awarding the prize. Potential prize winners with a prize value of $600 or more will be required to sign (a) an Affidavit of Eligibility, (b) an Agreement of Publicity (granting Sponsor the right to use the name and image of the winner for advertising and promotion purposes), (c) a liability release, and (d) a form W‑9, Taxpayer Request for Identification, and return each of the properly executed documents to the Administrator within five (5) days of attempted notification as a condition of awarding the prize. Conduct of the Competition is under the supervision of the Sponsor.
Potential prize winners will be notified by phone or email or direct messaging whichever is deemed appropriate by the Administrator, using the contact information provided by Entrant at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential prize winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential prize winner does not respond within five (5) business days of the notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. An alternate winner will be defined as the next entry with the greatest number of Points (or Virtual Coins in the Virtual Coins Competition) in the relevant prize category (“Alternate Winner). If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an Alternate Winner may be selected. There shall be no cash or other value remitted to a potential prize winner that declines a prize (or any portion thereof).
A potential prize winner who satisfies all of the Competition requirements, including without limitation, those set forth in these Official Rules, will be designated an official winner (the “Winner”). Prize Winners will receive an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 for the value of the prize after the end of the calendar year in which the prize is awarded, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS:
By entering the Competition, each Entrant agrees that Entrant’s entry will conform to entry guidelines and these Official Rules (as they may be amended by the Sponsor, including without notice to Entrant) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify an Entrant or an entry from the Competition if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Entrant’s entry fails to conform to entry guidelines or these Official Rules.
- The entry must not contain or transmit any materials that contain software viruses or other computer code, files or programs designed to impair, limit, interfere with or cause harm to any communications network operated by any of the Competition Entities or the computers/mobile devises of any individual or entity participating in or otherwise associated with the Competition;
- The entry cannot be in violation of any applicable federal, state, and/or local laws, rules, and regulations; and
By submitting material to Sponsor in connection with the Competition (all such submissions, collectively referred to herein as the “Entry Materials”), each Entrant hereby grants to Sponsor and its designees a royalty-free, irrevocable and perpetual license to use such Entry Materials on all media now known or hereafter developed without notice to, consent or approval from or compensation to Entrant, for the purpose of promoting Your Call Football and its member teams and players, provided that, nothing contained herein shall require Sponsor to use any Entry Materials.
Sponsor grants eligible Entrants a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license to use the Sponsor’s game programming and YCF App (“Sponsor IP”) provided by Sponsor in connection with the Competition, and subject to terms and conditions set forth in the YCF App, for the sole purpose of creating and submitting the entry in this Competition and playing the game. Entrants are not permitted to make any further use of Sponsor IP for any purpose whatsoever. In addition, Entrants recognize that all right, title, and interest in Sponsor IP as well as any derivative works created using Sponsor IP shall vest exclusively to the Sponsor, and Entrant agrees that he/she has not and will not take any action that might harm or adversely affect such rights. No right, title, or interest in and to the Sponsor IP except for the limited license granted to Entrant in these Official Rules is transferred or created.
NOTE: Entry must be made by the Entrant only. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, including but not limited to commercial competition subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Competition. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor or Administrator, in their sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
If an Entrant enters the Competition using his/her mobile device, messaging and/or data fees may apply. An Entrant should consult his/her wireless service provider’s pricing plan for details. Each Entrant agrees to incur any and all charges demanded by his/her wireless carrier. Each Entrant should also check his/her device’s features for capabilities and check the device manual for specific use instructions.
Each Winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, sales tax, use tax, surcharges, personal expenses, and all other costs incurred in claiming the prize. ENTRANT AGREE THAT COMPETITION ENTITIES (A) SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES OR INJURIES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION OR ANY COMPETITION RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TRAVEL RELATED TO ANY PRIZE ACTIVITY, OR FROM ENTRANTS’ ACCEPTANCE, RECEIPT, POSSESSION AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, AND (B) HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO SUCH PRIZE’S QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES, AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING ANY PRIZE FURNISHED IN CONNECTION WITH THE COMPETITION.
Acceptance of any prize shall constitute Winner’s agreement and consent to Sponsor’s and its designees’ use of Winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, avatar, and/or prize information in connection with this Competition (collectively, the “Attributes“), for promotional, advertising or other purposes, in any manner perpetually, worldwide, royalty-free, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further compensation, notification, permission or other consideration, (except where prohibited by law), and Winner’s release of the Competition Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
Release of Liability / Conditions of Participation.
- Transmission of Information. By entering this Competition, Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless each of the Competition Entities, and any and all other companies associated with the promotion, operation and fulfillment of the Competition, and all of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, contractors, franchisees, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), and that such Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Competition; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or this Competition; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of this Competition, the uploading, the processing or random selection of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Competition-related materials; (5) late, lost, garbled, misdirected, inaccurate, incorrect, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries or mail; (6) costs associated with claiming or redeeming the prizes; nor (7) loss or damages resulting from an Entrant’s connection to the internet via any of the websites contained herein. Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect, mis-transcribed, misdirected or undeliverable entries, E-mail transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, or for any technical problems of any kind, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate or damaged entries, or undeliverable E-mails resulting from any form of active or passive E-mail filtering by a Entrant’s Internet service provider and/or E-mail client or for insufficient space in Entrant’s E-mail account to receive E-mail. Sponsor does not accept responsibility for any damage (whether material or non-material) caused to Entrants, to their computer equipment or to data which is stored on them, or to their personal, professional or commercial activities. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator.
- Reservation of Rights. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify this Competition, or any part of it, for any reason, including without limitation if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of this Competition, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine Winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Administrator, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Competition or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. The preceding in no way precludes Sponsor from taking other actions against such individuals so as to protect its rights. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules in a given circumstance does not constitute the waiver of such provision.
- Release and Indemnity. By participating, Entrant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, arising from participating in the Competition, any Competition-related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE COMPETITION ENTRY CHANNELS AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN THE COMPETITION, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPETITION OR UPLOADING ANY MATERIALS IN CONNECTION WITH COMPETITION.
- NO WARRANTY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE COMPETITION AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Competition as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made disaster, epidemic of health or other means or public health crisis, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), event of overriding public importance, or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or terminate the Competition. If the Competition is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor has the right, in its sole determination, to select Winners based on Points earned from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such a process shall be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION/GOVERNING LAW:
To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Competition, you agree that: (a) any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the Competition shall be filed exclusively in the federal or state courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action; (b) any such action shall be resolved individually, NOT as part of a class action; (c) any claims/judgments/awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in Entrant’s entry into the Competition (if any), but NOT attorneys’ fees, special damages, punitive damages, or consequential damages of any kind (including lost wages). These Official Rules and this Competition shall be governed by the internal, substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to principles of choice of laws/conflict of laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or of any other jurisdiction.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for a list of Winners visit www.yourcallfootball.com.
© Your Call Football, Inc. All Rights Reserved.