Your Call Football Develops Pro Talent For NFL & CFL
June 5, 2018
By Your Call Inc.
NEWTON, Mass. Your Call Football (YCF), the gaming technology startup behind the innovative, fan-controlled, live play-calling game, today announced that exposure from its inaugural season landed YCF players in NFL mini camps and on NFL and CFL rosters. YCF’s first three play-calling competitions took place in May at Historic Dodgertown in Vero Beach, Fla.
“YCF has given fans a unique opportunity to control the action of live games, and the quality of that football has been demonstrated by the fact that many of our players now have opportunities at the highest levels,” said Julie Meringer, president of Your Call Inc. “We’re thrilled that our inaugural season was such a success for both fans who called plays, and players who capitalized on the exposure.”
Following are YCF players who have advanced to NFL or CFL rosters:
Signed to NFL roster:
- Ashaad Mabry (DT), University of Texas at San Antonio – signed by the Carolina Panthers
- Wes Saxton (TE), University of South Alabama – signed by the Detroit Lions
Invited to NFL mini camp:
- Kareem Are (OG), Florida State University – Carolina Panthers
- Jojo Mathis (DE), University of Washington – New Orleans Saints
- K.J. Maye (WR), University of Minnesota – Buffalo Bills
- Michael Rector (WR), Stanford University – Seattle Seahawks
- Ian Seau (DE), University of Nevada, Reno – New York Giants
Signed to CFL roster:
- Mitchell Bell (OG), Louisiana Tech University – Montreal Alouettes
- Bryan Bennett (QB), Southeastern Louisiana University – Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Quinton Bradley (DE), University of Idaho – BC Lions
- Ruben Carter (C), University of Toledo – Montreal Alouettes
- B.J. Daniels (QB), University of South Florida – Saskatchewan Roughriders
- C.J. Moore (CB), North Carolina Central University – Montreal Alouettes
- Khalid Wooten (DB), University of Nevada – Montreal Alouettes
Outside of successfully demonstrating that fans can call the plays in a real-time, professional football game, developing and showcasing player-talent was a positive for YCF.
“The players who participated in YCF’s games were both talented and dedicated. Each one was seeking a shot – or in some cases another shot – at the NFL or CFL, and that was evident in the product on the field,” said Eric Galko, Owner of Optimum Scouting, who was responsible for sourcing and securing YCF’s players. “Scouts, teams and even the media took notice. Before the games were even completed, some players had already been signed to NFL and CFL rosters with a few others having been invited to NFL minicamps.”
YCF’s patented technology allowed fans to control the action on the field of the live games that were streamed online and in-app with near-zero latency. Fans voted on three coach-selected plays, then watched as the majority-voted play was executed by YCF players. Fans accumulated points based on their play-calling skills and competed with other fans for cash prizes. More than $50,000 in cash prizes was awarded during the inaugural series.