YCF FAQs and Troubleshooting
For the best game play, make sure you have:
A stable and strong wifi or cellular connection (this is critical!).
For best performance, we suggest using a mobile device which was released in the past 2 years and is running iOS 12.0 or later, or Android 7.0 or later.
The most version of the app ( 3.5.4 for iOS and 3.5.4 for Android). If you have an older version, uninstall it, go the App or Google Play stores and install the latest.
1. Getting Started When I first start the app, I occasionally see a spinning wheel. Why?
2. If I am having trouble with the app, what are the first things I should check?
3. How can I see which version of the app I’m using? What is the most recent version?
Streaming Viewing Tips
4. The Live Stream keeps freezing in the app. How can I fix it?
5. Where, other than in the app, can I view the Live Stream?
6. I was invited to the YCF app by a friend and don’t see it in my Facebook notifications. How can I accept the invitation?
7. I registered for YCF in the past, but now I’m having trouble logging in. When I use the “Forgot password” feature, it tells me there is no account associated with my email address, but I am sure I have an account!
8. I forgot my password. How can I log back into the system?
9. I requested the “forgot password” email, and it still has not shown up.
10. What personal information do you store? What do you do with it?
11. I originally created my account with email, but now I want to invite my friends using Facebook. Can I?
12. Can I challenge a friend to a head-to-head or league competition who has not yet signed up for the app?
13. I’m not receiving plays on the app. What should I do?
14. I’ve tried that and am still not receiving plays. What next?
15. I am still not receiving plays. What gives?
16. Why did my vote not go through?
17. Why did my voting screen come up later than everyone else’s? I was unable to vote.
18. Why did I have fewer than 10 seconds to vote?
19. I see the pre-vote countdown, but never received an actual vote.
20. A play diagram and/or play name is missing from the options. Why?
Contests (Head-to-head challenges and Leagues)
21. Can I challenge anyone to a head to head or league competition?
22. Can I create a head-to-head challenge after the game has started?
23. Why are the scores to my various head-to-head challenges different?
24. Can I create a league after the game has started?
25. I have the same score as another player. Why are our ranks different on the leaderboard?
26. What happens in the case of a tie on the Leaderboard?
27. How can I see my ranking for the whole series (instead of just this game)?
28. What is the difference between the Current Series leaderboard and the in-game leaderboard?
29. How do I know if I’ve won a cash prize?
30. How can I tell if I’ve called a “perfect game” for the million dollar prize?
31. I think I’ve won a cash prize, how do I collect the money?
32. I’d like to send some feedback or suggest a feature. Who do I contact?
33. The app stopped working and asked about ‘sending a report.’ What should I do?
When I first start the app, I sometimes see a spinner. Why?
The app is being updated with the latest plays and bundles from the coaches in real-time. This should take less than 20 seconds, then the app will open.
If I am having trouble with the app, what are the first things I should check?
- Confirm that you are using the most recent version of the app.
- Confirm that you have a stable and strong wifi or cell signal.
How can I see which version of the app I’m using? What is the most recent version?
Once you have installed the app on your phone, tap your profile avatar in the upper right corner. From the Profile page, tap the account settings wheel icon (again, in the upper right hand corner) where you’ll see the version number listed.
As of February 19, 2019, the current version is v 3.1.0 for iOS, 22.214.171.124 for Android. If you are using an earlier version, please update your app by going to the app store and downloading the most recent one.
Stream Viewing Tips
As a streamed, real-time experience, the Your Call Football App requires a stable internet connection. A poor connection may impact the quality of your streaming and play-calling experience. We strongly recommend you use the best cell network or wifi signal available to you when using the app.
The Live Stream keeps freezing in the app. How can I fix it?
If the in-app stream freezes or won’t load, tap anywhere on the live stream. Then click on the stop button in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Join the stream again by clicking the play button in the upper right hand corner. Confirm that you have strong wifi or cellular signal.
Where, other than in the app, can I view the Live Stream?
On YourCallFootball.com: The stream is available here: www.yourcallfootball.com/live
Use the Chrome browser for the best viewing experience.
Here is a full list of compatible desktop browsers:
- Chrome 56+
- Firefox 30+
- Safari 11+
- Edge 15+
- Opera 43+
Login / Registration
I was invited to the YCF app by a friend and don’t see it in my Facebook notifications. How can I accept the invitation?
Go to the Facebook app on your mobile device and accept the invitation from there. Facebook notifications only populate within Facebook on the Facebook iOS or Android app (not via a desktop browser).
I registered for YCF in the past, but now I’m having trouble logging in. When I use the “Forgot password” feature, it tells me there is no account associated with my email address, but I am sure I have an account!
Did you register for YCF using Facebook? If so, you must log back in using the Facebook option. You won’t be able to create a new YCF account using the same email address that you use for Facebook.
I forgot my password. How can I log back into the system?
Use the ‘forgot password’ link on the login page. An email will be sent to you with instructions on how to change your password and log back into the app; you must click on the link in this email from your mobile device, since it will take you to the app itself.
I requested the forgot password email, and it still has not shown up.
Be patient, sometimes the email can take a couple of minutes to arrive.
What personal information do you store? What do you do with it?
I originally created my account with email, but now I want to invite my friends using Facebook. Can I?
Yes! The app will prompt you to log in with Facebook, then will allow you to invite and challenge friends.
Can I challenge a friend to a head-to-head or league competition who has not yet signed up for the app?
Yes, but you will need to invite them to use the app first. Once someone has signed in to the app, they can receive a challenge and accept a challenge. It is a two step process: invite new player to the app, then once they have signed in you can invite them to a challenge.
I’m not receiving plays on the app. What should I do?
- Exit and re-enter the app.
- Check your connectivity:
Wifi: Check that you have a strong wifi signal. Consider using a different wifi network if one is available to you, or use cellular. Beware that streaming will consume significant data.
Cellular: Check that you have a strong cell signal. Consider using a different network if one is available to you, or switch to wifi.
- Go to phone settings, turn on airplane mode, then turn airplane mode off and go back to app.
- Go to time.is on a browser on your phone and check to ensure that the clock on your phone is in sync with the current time, then go back to app.
I’ve tried that and am still not receiving plays. What next?
Close out of the app, remove it from the background, and relaunch the app. If that doesn’t work, delete the app and reinstall it on your phone.
I am still not receiving plays. What gives?
Phone calls, text messages and other core activities on your phone can interfere with voting. Cell providers claim devices can handle this, but our testing has shown that interference happens.
Why did my vote not go through?
If you vote just as the 10 second countdown runs out, your vote may not have been received in time. Be sure to get your vote in before the 10 seconds is up!
Also, if you receive a phone call or text message during voting, your vote may not be transmitted in time.
Why did my voting screen come up later than everyone else’s? I was unable to vote.
- The use of other apps can sometimes cause this. Try closing all other apps and restarting the YCF app.
- Texts or phone calls can also interrupt the vote. Set your phone to “Do Not Disturb”.
- Your phone’s clock may also be out of sync. Go to https://time.is to confirm your phone’s internal clock has not drifted.
Why did I have fewer than 10 seconds to vote?
There may be a delay between when the vote is started and when your phone receives it due to network congestion or clock synchronization. You can confirm that your phone’s clock is correct by going to https://time.is and can also follow the steps above to ensure you have the best network connection possible.
I see the pre-vote countdown, but never received an actual vote. Why does it just keep on pulsing? How can I get it to stop?
- Leave the app, remove it from the background, and re-enter.
- If that does not work, try logging out and logging back in.
- If you are still seeing the same behavior, make sure you are using the most recent version of the app (see question above).
- As a last step, uninstall the app from your phone, and re-download it from the app store.
A play diagram or play name is missing from the options. Why?
An unstable wifi connection or cellular signal can cause this. Make sure you’re on the best available connection.
Contests (Head-to-head Challenges and Leagues)
Can I challenge anyone to a head to head or league competition?
Yes, you can challenge anyone who has signed in to the app. The other person must accept your challenge for it to go into effect. You can only invite someone to one head to head challenge. You can not re-invite someone who has previously rejected your challenge request. You can invite up to 10 people to join in your league. You can create as many league and head to head challenges as you want.
Can I create a head-to-head challenge after the game has started?
Yes. You can create head to head challenges before the game has started and when it is in progress. Scores will be based on when the challenge was accepted.
Why are the scores to my various head-to-head challenges different?
Since you can create H2Hs at any time throughout the game, scores are based on when the challenge was accepted (see previous question).
Can I create a league after the game has started?
No. Once the game begins, no new leagues can be created for that game. You must set up your leagues before the game begins. Any leagues with fewer than 3 confirmed participants will be cancelled when the game begins.
I have the same score as another player. Why are our ranks different on the leaderboard?
All players with the same score are tied even if one appears above the other on the Leaderboard. While the leaderboard does provide a rank to each player, it is not used to determine a prize winner if the overall point total is the same.
What happens in the case of ties on the leaderboard?
In case of a tie in any prize category, the prizes will be totaled and divided by the number of tied entries. For example, should there be three tied entries for a Quarter in the First Place category, the First, Second and Third Places i.e. $1,200 will be totaled and divided by 3 and each winner will receive $400. This format will be followed until all ties have been settled.
How can I see my ranking for the whole series (instead of just this game)?
Go to Scores from the navigation at the bottom of the app. Use the drop-down menu to select Top 50 Current Series. Your score will be highlighted in grey at the top of the list.
What is the difference between the global leaderboard and the in-game leaderboard?
The global leaderboard includes your cumulative score as well as game-specific scores. The in-game leaderboard only shows points for the in-progress game.
How do I know if I’ve won a cash prize?
The score summary screen that pops up in the app at the end of each quarter and game will show a medal if you have a top score and are a contender for a cash prize. You can confirm whether you are in the top three positions on the various Leaderboards by visiting the Scores page and using the drop-down menu to select the Leaderboard you’re interested in.
How can I tell if I’ve called a “perfect game” for the million dollar prize?
If you are #1 on the leaderboard, and called every play, it will mean that you are in the running for the million dollar prize. At that point, the company (Odds On) will run and audit along with our tech company (Cantina) and we will contact you if you have won. You could be #1 on the leaderboard, but still may not have called the perfect game, so it will need to run against the database to confirm. We will also have tech people monitoring it throughout the game, and the broadcasters will likely be talking about it and pointing it out on the stream.
I think I’ve won a cash prize, how do I collect the money?
We will verify all winners through our third-party company, CFA, for age and residency eligibility and will email you if you won. You can always contact us if you are in the top 3 on the leaderboard at the end of the quarter or game, and we will verify and send you a check. Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org or through social media. Make sure your email is accurate and one that you check often.
I’d like to send some feedback or suggest a feature?
We’d love to hear from you. Send an email to email@example.com.
The app stopped working and asked about ‘sending a report.’ What should I do?
Send the report. Then close out of the app and restart it. YCF will use the information in the report to identify and fix the problem that caused the app to stop working.